NATURE AND SCOPE:
The Registered Nurse (RN) provides primary patient care and supervision for other care team providers, as outlined in this position description. Standards for nursing practice have been established by the Alaska State Board of Nursing, state statute, and the American Nurses Association. The Registered Nurse provides care to clients of SPH in accordance with established policies and evidence-based practice standards, as well as state and federal regulations. The Registered Nurse performs all of the activities required to provide primary patient care on a specialty-based medical/surgical unit, and works in other areas as appropriate based on experience and training. The Registered Nurse may be required to provide nursing care in other nursing departments of the facility to meet patient/resident care needs. S/he will support and role-model SPH’s values and behaviors while working as a collaborative and inter-disciplinary team member providing high quality, safe, and cost-effective patient care.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must possess a current license to practice as a registered nurse in the state of Alaska.
- Also requires 1 year of experience in the OB specialty
- Prefer additional experience in Med/Surg floor. Must be willing and able to work on the Med/Surg floor.
- ACLS, BLS, NRP, STABLE and PALS certifications.
- TNCC certification within 6 months of hire.
- Speaking, listening, and basic writing skills are required to communicate with others, and to document care given.
- Numerical ability is required to calculate drug dosages.