Harbor Health Services is an innovative, growing, mission-based organization that lives, serves and collaborates with our community members to achieve our mission to help individuals reach their full potential through access to local, affordable services that promote health. We are seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our team at the in Mattapan, MA.
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides direct psychiatric and consultative services for participants of Harbor Health Services - Elder Service Plan.
The Harbor Health Elder Service Plan, a PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) program, offers a personalized healthcare program provided by our own geriatric professionals and guided by a care plan developed and customized for our client’s individual’s needs. For more info about PACE programs click here: https://www.npaonline.org/what-is-pace-care
Position is based at the Elder Service Plan, 1135 Morton Street, Mattapan, MA location.
Key elements of PACE model of care include:
- Our Interdisciplinary Team manages the care of our frail elders and supports each other and the Elder Service Plan participants in achieving care goals in small patient panels (75 patients).
- Participants attend our center for Adult Day Health activities as well as receive on-site clinical care including primary care, behavioral health and rehabilitation.
- Our Nurse Practitioners follow our elders throughout all locations of care including sub-acute, long-term and home care settings; regular home visits are encouraged, and time is allotted for this effort.
- Evaluates, diagnoses and treats psychiatric conditions; provides care in participants home or other community setting or on site as needed.
- Consults with ESP interdisciplinary teams (IDT) on psychiatric diagnostic and treatment issues, including psychotropic medication use and non-pharmacologic interventions.
- Serves as liaison to the inpatient team during psychiatric hospitalizations, obtaining updates and providing clinical recommendations for authorizing services.
- Provides Psychotherapeutic counseling for participants if indicated.
- Conducts Psychotherapy groups in collaboration with ESP Social Workers.
- Works relatively independently with medically, psychiatrically, and socially complex older adults across multiple settings.
- Works collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Provides care at program site, contracted facilities and client’s home as needed, must be able to travel between sites in a timely manner.
- Master of Science in Nursing required, Certification as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner required.
- Current MA RN/NP license, current DEA and MCSR license.
- MoCA certification preferred
- Two years of experience as a Nurse Practitioner preferred.
- Two years of experience prescribing psychotropic medication to adult psychiatric patients preferred.
- Ability to work independently across multiple settings and collaboratively in an interdisciplinary team setting.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Life, Vision & Disability insurance, 403b Savings Plan with discretionary match.
- Malpractice Insurance is covered by the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA).
- Wonderful opportunity to precept residents and students at PACE program if desired.
- Continuing Medical Education Stipend of up to $2500 and 5 days of leave per year.
- Reimbursement of renewal costs of licenses.
- 25 days of Paid Time Off (PTO) to start and additional 11 paid holidays annually.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.