Valley Health Columbus
Columbus, GA 31903
Summary: Responsible for performing routine procedures and exams using independent
professional judgment in the practice of optometry.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Examine eyes, using observation, instruments and pharmaceutical agents, to determine visual
acuity and perception, focus and coordination and to diagnose diseases and other
abnormalities such as glaucoma or color blindness.
• Analyze test results and develop a treatment plan.
• Prescribe, supply, fit and adjust eyeglasses, contact lenses and other vision aids.
• Prescribe medications to treat eye diseases if state laws permit.
• Educate and counsel patients on contact lens care, visual hygiene, lighting arrangements and
• Consult with and refer patients to ophthalmologist or other health care practitioner if additional
medical treatment is determined necessary.
Evaluation: The evaluation of work performance, including: specific duties, responsibilities,
demeanor, and work ethic, will be ongoing and implemented by the Chief Executive Officer per center
Minimum Qualifications: An O.D. degree from an accredited School of Optometry. A minimum of
one (1) year experience is preferred. Must be licensed to practice in Georgia. Must successful pass a
drug screening and a criminal background check.