The Home Care Nurse provides all nursing functions according to Massachusetts Law and HHSI policy and procedure and is responsible for medical case management of home-based participants, providing home health services to geriatric participants of the Elder Service Plan (ESP) while building a trusting relationship with the participants.
The Elder Service Plan is a Program for All Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) which provides a personalized healthcare program guided by a care plan developed and customized for our participants needs. We offer an excellent, comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, & Disability insurance, 403b Savings Plan, Generous Paid Time Off plus 11 additional Holidays and much more!
Hours are Monday through Friday days, with occasional weekend or evening coverage. Service area includes but is not limited to Boston neighborhoods, Brookline, Milton, Quincy, Braintree, Randolph, Stoughton.
• Performs routine clinical nursing duties, including history taking, vital signs, administration of medications, dressing changes and other nursing procedures under the verbal or written order of a provider as prescribed by law, written clinical policies and within the limits of his/her own license and training.
• Responsible for Case Managing home based ESP participants through communication with providers, center nursing staff, specialists, Clinical Nurse Manager, Clinical Director and all other ESP staff members involved in participant care.
• Completes nursing assessment and collaborates in the development of a comprehensive plan of care, as required by the Patient Care Team.
• Triages patients’ regarding illness and medical therapy and advises the patient/caregiver of the most appropriate action in consultation with a provider whenever necessary.
• Interacts with Clients and family members in a manner that adheres to the highest standards of care and professionalism.
• Builds trust and fosters smooth relationships with participant's and their families.
• Promotes patient confidentiality and right to privacy.
• Establishes and maintains, via provider order, an ongoing case management system that includes but is not limited to contacting patients with abnormal lab results or who miss appointments in accordance with ESP policies.
• Provides health teaching using appropriate information on health maintenance and disease management during each patient encounter according to ESP policies.
• Participates in after-hours call rotation, minimally 14 days per year, including any holidays/observed holidays which fall within the assigned after-hours call period: adheres to Nursing on Call Policies and Procedures regarding availability, response time, documentation and communication.
• Continuously updates his/her own clinical and professional knowledge and skills through formal and informal educational experiences.
• Must be able to travel to and from participants homes and the work site in a timely manner.
Required/Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
• Associate Degree in Nursing, BSN preferred.
• Current MA RN license and Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
• Two (2) or more years of experience in a home care, professional or business environment.
• One year of experience working with geriatric patients.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and organizational skills.
• Computer literacy (Microsoft Office applications with a focus on Word, Excel and Outlook).
• Experience with medical computer scheduling preferred.
• Community health or ambulatory care experience preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
*$2500 on hire and $2500 after 90 days in good standing, former employees of Harbor Health not eligible.